The Croatian government on Tuesday dismissed accusations about failing to abide by the procedure regarding amendments submitted by opposition parties to the draft 2013 budget.
"It is incorrect that the Government of the Republic of Croatia has not respected the procedure regarding amendments moved by other parties to the draft state budget for 2013," the government said in a press release recalling that prior approval of the government is not necessary in cases of the refusal of amendments moved by other parties.
Earlier in the day Finance Minister Slavko Linic also rejected the accusations of the strongest opposition party, the Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) about the government's non-respect for procedure.
He said that the behaviour of HDZ parliamentary deputies shows that "they are pursuing an odd policy of causing incidents".
He insisted that the government had abided by the procedure regarding this issue.