Justice minister:

Serbian list contains names of some 40 Croatian veterans

  • Autor: Radio.net
  • Zadnja izmjena 09.01.2011 14:11
  • Objavljeno 09.01.2011 u 14:07
Dražen Bošnjaković

Dražen Bošnjaković

Izvor: Cropix / Autor: Goran Mehkek / CROPIX

Croatian Justice Minister Drazen Bosnjakovic on Sunday dismissed the claim by the Croatian Party of Rights (HSP) that there is a list of persons in the Serbian prosecutor's office for war crimes containing the names of 332 Croatian veterans who had fought in Vukovar and another 100 who had fought in Osijek, who would face arrest if they left Croatia. Bosnjakovic said that there were about 40 such cases.

"The Serbian and Croatian justice ministries in mid 2010 exchanged certain lists of persons against whom criminal proceedings were under way. We received a list from the Serbian Justice Ministry containing the names of about 40 people," Bosnjakovic told Croatian Radio. He added that the lists were being updated and expressed concern about the fact that the list his ministry had received did not contain the name of Tihomir Purda, a Croatian war veteran arrested in Bosnia and Herzegovina this past Wednesday.

Bosnjakovic confirmed that he would discuss Purda's arrest with Serbian Justice Minister Snezana Malovic.

A commission made up of representatives of the Croatian and Serbian justice ministries is working on updating and adjusting the data, Bosnjakovic said, adding that he would see to it that the commission held a meeting as early as Monday, if possible.

The minister said that he did not know why Purda had been arrested, adding that it would have to be established very soon why it had happened.

Bosnjakovic confirmed on Saturday night that every Croatian veteran could check with the Justice Ministry if Serbian authorities were conducting any proceedings against them.

Pratite nas na društvenim mrežama:

Pregled tjedna bez spama i reklama

Prijavi se na naš newsletter i u svoj inbox primaj tjedni pregled najvažnijih vijesti!